If you’ve been injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may have no idea how to proceed. While your accident will be singular to the circumstances involved, there are some basic first steps that every accident victim should follow, and one of them is consulting with an experienced Atlanta car accident attorney at Ahmad Injury Law.
The Steps toward Recovery
If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured in a car accident, engaging in all of the following steps that apply to your situation is the best path forward:
- Pull your car as far out of the path of oncoming traffic as you can.
- Call 911.
- Render aid to the best of your ability.
- Accept medical attention at the accident scene, and if it isn’t offered, seek the medical attention you need as soon after the accident as possible.
- If you are able, gather evidence at the scene, including photos and videos that capture relevant details from every angle.
- Gather the testimony of eyewitnesses, including contact information.
After the fact, be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions carefully and lay low on social media until your claim is finalized (the insurance company will be watching for posts that it believes help disprove your claim).
Get Your Free Case Consultation
No upfront costs to you or your family. We recover maximum compensation for our clients.
Consult with an Experienced Car Accident Attorney Today
The well-respected car accident attorneys at Ahmad Injury Law understand how difficult your situation is and are well prepared to aggressively advocate for the compensation to which you are entitled and that you need to reach your fullest recovery. Contact Ahmad Injury Law online for a comprehensive consultation or call (404) 760-2833.
What are legal damages?
The compensation you seek in your car accident claim will address your legal damages, which refer to the losses you’ve suffered.
Which losses apply?
The losses addressed by your legal damages can include all of the following:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Emotional and physical pain and suffering
Do I really need an attorney?
While no one can require you to work with an attorney, doing so can ensure that you receive just compensation that addresses your physical, financial, and emotional damages in their entirety.